These are some of Murray's (and hopefully NZPRG's) "meta-" or high-level goals:
- explore both philosophical as well as experience-based ideas within the field of Artificial Intelligence, specifically as related to robotics
- explore robotics hardware: see what the latest hobbiest-level sensors, motors, platforms, etc. can do.
- explore robotics software: where have we gone since Rodney Brooks' 1985 ideas about subsumption architectures, odometry using PID controllers, etc.?
- explore Self-Adaptive Software Systems
- learn the Python programming language