A Wiki Gardener is a person who goes around the wiki, correcting typos here, rearranging things to be more readable there.
In general, good WikiGardeners are liked and respected, since they have the magical ability to take a jumble of pages and create good, readable text out of them. Anyone can be a WikiGardener. If you see a typo or a spelling mistake, feel free to correct it! If you feel up to it, rearrange a page, or split a long page to smaller pages, or if you think some page belongs to some category, add an appropriate tag to it. If you make a mistake, don't worry about it, since everything you do can be restored. Also, remember to add a change note when doing your wikigardening.
Important Pages for Gardeners#
- WikiEtiquette - read if you haven't already done so
- Request pages - here is where all new ideas grow
- RefactorMe - People tag a page with "RefactorMe", if they think that a page should be cleaned or reorganized
- RecentChanges - Check this page for suspicious page edits
- Spam - occasionally spammers come to post their URLs. One of way of removing the spam is by restoring the page to its previous version
- Noise - occasionally visitors may add a few lines of useless text to a page. Other times, they may clear out an entire page for no reason. These can also be handled by restoring the page to its previous version. However, noise added to a personal page by the owner of the personal page shouldn't be removed since they might just be testing
- Testing - sometimes people use the wiki to test things. These could be called noise, but on the other hand, they're just trying to figure out what JSPWiki is. Restore the page, and if possible, put a note on the user's page that they should really be trying at the sandbox
As this wiki is only editable by members we're hoping not to see bad behaviour, so some of what's written above may not apply.
The original source of this page is from WikiGardener on JSPWiki.