Code of Conduct#
The New Zealand Personal Robotics Group (NZPRG) considers the positive, respectful, and ethical conduct of all members, constributors, and event attendees an important and essential component of all NZPRG-sanctioned online content, communications, and face-to-face events.
We expect the following behavior and ethical standards at all NZPRG-sanctioned events:
- Act with integrity, honesty, and reliability
- Behave in a respectful and professional manner with event staff, volunteers, and fellow competitors
- Exhibit maturity and class when dealing with difficult and stressful situations
- Encourage high-quality work, emphasizing the value of others, and respect individuals and the NZPRG community
- Respect individual differences
- Follow all rules as listed in the current game manual(s)
- Student-centered teams with limited adult assistance
- Ensure the safety of all participants in NZPRG activities
- Not engage in any form of bullying, harassment, use of profane or insulting language, or any actual or threatened violence.
- Good sportsmanship, which includes supporting your alliance partners
These expectations apply to all members and all those contributing to NZPRG online content, communicating using NZPRG online facilities, and/or attending NZPRG events. This Code may also apply to behavior outside of NZPRG-sanctioned events where inappropriate actions are related to an event or participating individuals.
Repeated or egregious violations of the expectations in this Code may result in consequences up to the disqualification of the individual from the current event and/or future events, and potentially removal from membership after review by the NZPRG.